Valentine Crafts Ideas Kids Make
Want to show someone that you care? How about these valentine crafts ideas kids make? They are simple to do, and your kids will love doing them for friends and family members. Make candy hearts package tie ons, valentines braclets amd valentine pots to name a few.Happy Valentine's Day!
Candy Hearts Package Tie-ons
- Small paper mache heart with loop
- Liquitex Basics Gesso
- Paint brush
- Acrylic paints in pastel colors
- Tulip fabric paint
- Paint heart with one coat of Liquitex Basics Gesso.
- Paint heart with two coats of acrylic paint in the color of your choice.
- Using the tulip paint, write your "conversation" heart message on heart.
- Write "To/From" on the back of the heart with Tulip paint.
Valentines Bracelets - Valentine Crafts Ideas Kids Make
- Stretch Magic jewelry cord
- Heart, flower or other charms
- Alphabet beads (with hearts)
- Shiny or iridescent beads in pink, clear and red
- Hot glue gun
- Tape measure (optional)
- Measure child’s wrist with tape measure.
- Lay tape measure down on table and cut a piece of jewelry cord two inches longer than child’s wrist measurement.
- Put a paper clip on one end of the jewelry cord. This will keep the beads from sliding off that end when beading the bracelet.
- Thread beads onto jewelry cord, you will be leaving one inch of space at the end of the cord when finished.
Here are ideas for your bracelet:
- To make the charm bracelet, thread a pattern of three pink beads and one clear bead twice, then add a charm.
- Continue with two more sets of pink and clear bead patterns, then add another charm.
- Finish by continuing the pink and clear bead pattern until there is one inch of cord left.
Valentine Pots - Valentine Crafts Ideas Kids Make
- Terra cotta clay pots in various sizes
- Acrylic paints: pinks, reds, purples, white
- Valentine stickers
- Paint brushes, one small and one medium
- New pencil
- Household sponge
- Acrylic sealer spray, matte finish
- Paint clay pot in desired color and let dry.
- Apply a second coat, and if needed (especially with lighter colors), a third coat as well, allowing sufficient drying time in between coats.
- Paint inside and outside of pot.
- Once painted, it’s time to decorate! Use your imagination and get creative.
- Once decorated, apply a coat or two of acrylic sealer and allow to dry overnight.
- Fill with various candy and enjoy your creations
Back from Valentine Crafts Ideas Kids Make to Valentines Day Crafts
Back from Valentine Crafts Ideas Kids Make to New Kids Crafts Homepage