Paper Plate Crafts
If your looking for quick and easy paper plate crafts, then grab a paperplate and follow the instructions below. Make a paper plate snake, face, sunflower and hat. The kids love making these.
Paper Plate Snake
- Paper plate
- Paint and then draw a snake skin design on both sides of the paper plate.
- Cut the paper plate around and around in a spiral so that when you are finished, it resembles a snake.
- Remember to give the snake a eye and tongue.
- Punch a hole at the top of the head and using a piece of string, hang your snake.
Paper Plate Face
Let the kids experiment with different emotions: a happy face, sad face etc.
- Paper plate
- Felt tipped pens
- Scraps of material
- Sticky tape
- Draw a face on the paper plate.
- Glue some of the wool onto the top of the head as hair.
- Using the scraps of material; make a bow tie or ribbon in the hair etc.
- Turn the paper plate over and attach the stick to the bottom of the plate using sticky tape.
- Let the kids play with the masks and help them to understand that we have different emotions and what that means.
Paper Plate Crafts 3 - Paper Plate Sunflowers
- Paper plate
- Yellow paint
- Paint brush
- Yellow and orange crepe or tissue paper
- Sunflower seeds
Paint the paper plate yellow.
- Cut the crepe or tissue paper into small rectangles, approximately 1" x 2".
- Once the paint has dried, glue sunflower seeds on the middle of the plate or paint a face.
- Now glue the rectangles onto the rim of the plate.
- You could always add a green paper stem.
Easter Paper Plate Bunny
- 2 paper plates
- Pair of Scissors
- Any color paint
- Paper muffin cup
- Pom poms
- White construction paper
- Paint both paper plates using the same color. Let them dry.
- Once they are completely dry, cut one of the paper plates in half down the middle of the plate.
- Now glue or staple the two halves to the top back part of the other paper plates. These will be the bunnies ears. Look at the picture for reference.
- Using a muffin cup/ cup cake liner cut four slits down the side of the muffic cup. Now fold the outer two sections to meet each other. i.e. to the center. This will create a bow tie effect. Now glue in place at the bottom of the paper plate.
- Add pom poms for the eyes, draw whiskers with a marker on either side of the pom pom nose. Cut small squares of white construction paper as teeth. Glue these just under the nose.
Paper Plate Hats
- Paper Plate
- Crinkle paper
- Gift ribbon, bows, feathers, flowers or a variety of light objects
- Paint patterns on the paper plate and leave to dry.
- Cut two slits on either side of the paper plate. The slits should be about 1.2 - 1.6 inches (3-4 cm) long.
- Cut a long strip of crinkle paper about 1.2 - 1.6 inches (3-4 cm) wide.
- Thread the crinkle paper through the slits. This will be used to fasten the hat onto your head.
- Using the glue, stick any light objects onto the paper plate.
- You could even use a stapler to do the same job.
Return from Paper Plate Crafts to Preschool Crafts
Return from Paper Plate Crafts to New Kids Crafts Homepage