Free Crafts You Can Make For Mothers Day
DIY Gardening Kit
Here are a few great ideas for free crafts you can make for Mothers day. Why not give your mom her own DIY gardening kit with all the ingredients necessary to grow seeds. What about a sparkling charm mobile? - she'll love it.
- Terra cotta or plastic pot and drip tray
- Acrylic or poster paint
- PVA Glue
- Paint brushes
- Packet of seeds
- Bag of gravel
- Bag of compost
- Painted pebble (see stones)
Method for this Free Crafts You Can Make For Mothers Day:
- Make sure that the pot is dry and clean of any dirt.
- Mix one dollop of PVA to every two dollops paint. - This will ensure that the paint is shiny and waterproof.
- Paint any design onto the pot that you fancy.
- Carry the design over to the drip try as well.
- Don't use the pot and drip try until it is totally dry.
- Fill up the pot with all the goodies as mentioned above.
- Go here to see how to make a painted pebble.
- Place the drip tray on the top and tie a ribbon around it.
To Tie The Ribbon:
- Cut two pieces of ribbon, make sure they are long enough to make a bow at the top of the pot.
- Cross the two ribbons in the middle.
- Sit the pot in the center of the crossed ribbon.
- Tie one set of ribbons up first, then bring the other two ends up and tie them in a bow.
Sparkling Charm Mobile - Free Crafts You Can Make For Mothers Day
- A stick
- Craft butterflies
- F· eathers
- Colored semi-circle stones
- Super glue
- Beadwork clamps
- Make a loop on one end of your gut, closing it off with a clamp and pliers (this should be done by an adult).
- String your beads onto your gut in any pattern which you like. Bells and craft butterflies can also be put onto your charm.
- Once you have finished stringing your beads, you are then to take two semi-circle stones and place glue on the flat side of the stones.
- Put the end piece of your gut as well as the end your feather in the middle of your stone on the glue side.
- Place the second stone on top of the first and hold these together until the glue is semi-dry.
- While your glue is drying, wrap a piece of ribbon around your stick for decoration.
- 0nce your string of beads is complete and your glue is dry. You can then place the loop over your stick and you will then have your sparkling charm.
Return from Free Crafts You Can Make For Mother's Day to Mothers Day Crafts
Return from Free Crafts You Can Make For Mother's Day to New Kids Crafts Homepage