Easter Crafts For Preschool Free
These Easter Crafts For Preschool Free include a handprint easter chick, a handprint popcorn lamb and easter chicks.
Handprint Easter Chicks
- Construction Paper
- Orange and Yellow paint
- Black marker
- Warm soapy water
- Have the yellow paint already mixed and placed in a tub that has sides.
- Prep the area with newspaper and place the paint next to the construction paper on a table. On a table close by have a tub of warm soapy water and a towel.
- Have one child at a time come and place his/her hand into the yellow paint. Tell them to close their fingers and place down firmly onto the construction paper.
- Now using the other hand, let them place their finger into orange paint and place in the center as a beak.
- Let them wash and dry their hands at the next table.
- Let the paint dry.
- Let each child add feet, wings and eyes with a black marker. See picture for an illustration.
Handprint Popcorn Lamb
- Construction Paper or stronger card
- Pair of Scissors
- Popped Popcorn
- On a clean piece of construction paper, place your child's hand. Outline the hand and fingers using a pencil or marker. Make sure the fingers are far apart.
- Have your child cut out the hand shape.
- Draw a face on the thumb, make some eyes, and a mouth using black marker.
- On the tips of each finger draw hooves. Color each tip in black - these will look like hooves.
- Now glue the palm part of the hand and stick popped popcorn onto the glued area.
- Your handprint popcorn lamb in finished.
Try out these easter crafts for preschool free and see if they fit the bill for your youngest kids! Preschool kids can be a tough crowd to plan activities for. The crafts need to be short and easy to do- and of course super fun! Enjoy these free Easter crafts for kids today! Your kids will love them.
- Cardboard egg carton, 12 or 18 count
- Easter grass
- Colorful plastic Easter eggs
- Two yellow pom poms for each chick
- Orange craft foam, triangles for beaks
- Tiny black pom poms for eyes, 2 for each chick
- Two craft foam wings for each chick
- White craft glue
- Place a layer of Easter grass across the empty egg cups of the egg carton.
- Decide how many chicks you want hatched and fill remaining eggs with candy, stickers, coins, etc.
- Place filled eggs in egg carton.
- Open plastic eggs that will hold the chicks.
- Glue a yellow pom pom inside each open egg.
- Glue second yellow pom pom on top of first pom pom.
- Glue on eyes, beak and wings.
- Place hatched chicks into the egg carton.
Easter Crafts For Preschool Free - Strawberry Baskets
- 1 strawberry basket
- Pipe cleaners for handle, optional
- Colored paper or ribbon strips
- Pair of scissors
- Easter grass or shredded paper
Weave strips of paper or ribbon in and out of the holes in the basket.
- Make the handle out of pipe cleaners, if desired.
- Fill with some Easter 'grass' or shredded paper, then add some small goodies.
Easter Crafts For Preschool Free - Easter Card
- Yellow and orange construction paper
- 2 small wiggle eyes
- 2 paper fasteners
- Pair of scissors
- A child's hands
- Trace your child's hands on the yellow paper; these will serve as the chicks wings.
- Cut an oval or egg shape out of the yellow paper. The size should be about 1/3 larger than your child's hands to be in scale with the wings.
- Fasten the wings onto the oval body with the paper fasteners.
- Use the orange paper to make the beak and legs. The beak should be shaped as a diamond, bend it in the middle and only glue the bottom half to the oval portion of the chick.
- For the feet, make long thin legs with 3 pointy toes.
- Glue the legs to the back side of the chick and write a message on its body.
Easter Egg Art Work
- Easter egg shells (leftover from Easter egg hunting)
- Cardboard or heavy construction paper
- Crush all the Easter egg shells into small pieces (not tiny!).
- Glue the egg shells down on cardboard or paper to create a mosaic picture.
Return from easter crafts for preschool free to Preschool Crafts
Return from easter crafts for preschool free to New Kids Crafts Homepage